Model Question and Answers for APSC | What is the aim of the “Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” and what are the main pillars of the vision plan? (APSC Mains 2020)
Ans : Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan or Self-reliant India campaign is the vision of new India envisaged by the Indian PM. In May 2020, PM raised a clarion call to the nation giving a kick start to the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan (Self-reliant India campaign) and announced the Special economic and comprehensive package of INR 20 lakh crores - equivalent to 10% of India’s GDP – to fight COVID-19 pandemic in India.
The aim is to make the country and its citizens independent and self-reliant in all senses.
The Finance Minister further announces Government Reforms and Enablers across Seven Sectors under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan. The government took several bold reforms such as Supply Chain Reforms for Agriculture, Rational Tax Systems, Simple & Clear Laws, Capable Human Resource and Strong Financial System.
Five Pillars of a Self-reliant India
To spur growth and to build a self-reliant India, Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan rests on 5 important pillars.
1. Economy: contemplates not an Incremental change but a quantum leap so that we can convert the current adversity into an advantage.
2. Infrastructure: that can be an image of modern India or it can be the identity of India.
3. Systems: driven by 21st-century technology, and that is not based on old rules.
4. Democracy: a vibrant democracy that is the source of energy to make India self-reliant.
5. Demand: where the strength of our demand and supply chain is utilised intelligently.